A brand new patch has been launched today to The Sims 4 (version 188.8.131.520 if you keep track of things), bringing a lot of changes and fixes and improvements, plus the Holiday Celebration Pack, filled with goodies.
We are here to share with you all the details on this latest update, the new careers that you can follow in the game, as well as new cool features and changes – all available for free. But before we get to the changes, here is how to get the Holiday Celebration Pack in The Sims 4:
– Log into Origin and launch The Sims 4.
– Banners within the main menu of The Sims 4 and in The Gallery will show the option to redeem the “Holiday Celebration Pack”.
– Click on the respective banner to surface an in-game pop up that will place the Holiday Celebration Pack in your shopping cart.
– No payment information will be required to check out.
– You will then be directed to an order confirmation page. Click the “Close” button.
– After closing, you will receive a notification that your content is preparing for download. Click the “OK” button.
– Once the download is complete, a notification will inform you that the Holiday Celebration Pack has been successfully installed.
– You will need to restart The Sims 4 in order to see content from the Holiday Celebration Pack in your game.
OK, so now that we have everything set up, let’s see what this latest Sims 4 patch brings us new:
– The Holiday Celebration pack brings us new Objects, including a wreath, wall decorations, and a grinning holiday snowman, plus new sweaters for our Sims.
– New careers: Business Career (you can become an Angel Investor or Business Tycoon) or the Athletic Career (choose between Hall of Famer or Mr./Ms. Solar System), all coming together with new outfits, career reward rooms and reward objects and interactions.
– Paid time off and Family leaves are also available in the game (yay for parenthood)
– New cheats are available in the game (for example, the sims.give_satisfaction_points # cheat for satisfaction), and many more
To find out everything about the new changes, including all the smaller changes, improvements or additions, you can check out the official patch changelist here.