Grand Theft Auto is one of the most successful video game franchises ever made. But it’s been over seven years since we last got a new instalment. But recent leaks suggest that GTA 6 is coming along well and that it could be making some big changes. Most notably, an inside source has claimed that it will be the first Grand Theft Auto to feature a playable female protagonist.
Specifically, the leak says that you’ll be able to play as both a female and a male. It’s unclear exactly what this means. It could be a system similar to GTA V where you could switch between Frankling, Trevor, and Michael. However, it’s not out of the question that we could see some kind of character creator instead.
What we know about GTA 6
The source for this leak is surprisingly trustworthy. Tom Henderson is a well-known and respected source known for several Call of Duty and Battlefield leaks. His Black Ops Cold War leaks in particular have been flawlessly accurate over the last few months.
Unfortunately, we don’t know too much else about GTA 6. Publisher Rockstar Games has kept its cards close to its chest with little to no official information being confirmed. It’s expected to take place in Vice City due to the previous pattern established by the franchise. The mainline games have always rotated between San Andreas, Liberty City, and Vice City.
That’s not the only reason Vice City looks likely though. Last year it was reported that Rockstar was poking around asking various synthwave artists for music clearance. Needless to say, nothing quite says the 1980’s like some good old fashion synthwave. Although given varied and large GTA V’s soundtrack was, this hardly confirms GTA 6.
Regardless of when it comes out, the next Grand Theft Auto will be one of gaming’s biggest releases. After all, GTA V is the most grossing video game ever published. Over two years ago it had made Rockstar over $6 billion. With the amount of microtransactions present it’s fair to assume that number has climbed considerably since. And whilst GTA V is still raking in the numbers, I doubt Rockstar will feel any need to rush GTA 6 out.
With the release of the next Call of Duty title right around the corner, some concerns are inevitable. Amongst these concerns is how Black Ops Cold War is going to work alongside Warzone. We hadn’t received too many details from Activision regarding this topic but earlier today we finally got some much needed information.
When Black Ops Cold War releases on November 13, it will not feature Warzone. The popular battle royale game mode will instead follow shortly after in December. In the meantime players will have access to Treyarch’s signature Zombies mode alongside multiplayer and story mode.
Black Ops Cold War Warzone update
Call of Duty: Warzone has gone down as a huge success for Activision’s hit FPS franchise. Despite debuting just seven months ago, it has already reached eighty million total players. These numbers put it in direct competition with other genre titans like Fortnite and PUBG. Not bad for something that started off life as a spin-off.
It’s inevitable integration with Black Ops Cold War was confirmed way back in September. But we now know that Activision isn’t changing the progression model. All level unlocks acquired from 1 to 55 in Cold War will be usable in Warzone too. It’s much the same for gun unlocks, camos, blueprints, and operators.
What we don’t know is how this game will interact with Modern Warfare. Both games feel and play very differently so having their respective Warzone modes overlap could be difficult. Supposedly, Treyarch’s plan is to let players pick either a Modern Warfare loadout or Black Ops Cold War loadout beforehand. But how that will work from a balance point of view is hard to gauge.
We’re also still left with the most obvious question of all unanswered. Will this game bring a new Warzone map with it? Or are we just going to be playing on either the same map or a reskinned version going forward? Only time will tell but we at least now know that there will be some kind of crossover.
Leaks about the next Call of Duty game have prevalent over the last couple of months. And yesterday we saw the biggest and most reliable leak yet. As part of a Doritos’ advertising campaign, a packet spread online references the next CoD installment.
As revealed by the leak, the next Call of Duty will most likely be called Black Ops: Cold War. Although it is a bit of a mouth full, the branding make sense. The Black Ops franchise is huge and with the success of the Modern Warfare reboot, a similar approach seems sensible. As for the Cold War part, the original Black Ops released in 2010 was also set in the Cold War.
What have Doritos revealed?
It’s not just the game’s name that has been leaked. The promotion itself features a competition that starts October 5. Given that Modern Warfare was released at a similar time, October 25, this could hint at Cold War’s release date.
Although the source hasn’t been officially verified, it does seem reliable. Doritos and Activision have ran annual partnerships for several years now. The idea being that if you want to get the edge on your opposition, you can purchase Doritos for some double XP.
The same promotion is usually matched by both Monster Energy and Mountain Dew. This means you should have plenty of choice if its something you’re interested in. Regarding the double XP, the small print suggests it’ll be limited to 1 hour per day and 40 hours total.
This leak follows a successful datamined that revealed the name of several multiplayer maps. Amongst these were Black Sea, KGB, Miami, Moscow, and Tank. A handful of campaign missions were found too such as Stakeout and Revolution. Either way, it shouldn’t be long until Activision confirms if this Doritos leak is real.