One of the most exciting features brought to us by FIFA 16 this year is the Draft Mode, a game mode that allows us to build a dream team and pit it against various opponents to test their strength and our skills. Although you will get your money’s worth in prizes even if you lose, you still want to be the winner for your personal amusement and to get the best possible rewards.
To help you achieve that, we’ve prepared a complete FIFA 16 Draft Mode guide with some tips and tricks on how to build your squad to really make it stand out from the crowd and win you all the games. The rest will be up to you, though…
1. Select a formation that gives you the potential to sign the best players in the world. You don’t want something fancy or strange, go for regular formations like the classic 4-4-2, 4-1-2-1-2 or 4-2-3-1 as you can easily fill them with top talents. I personally am a fan of the latter, but in the end it’s up for you to see what works best.
2. Have a plan when you select your captain. Getting Messi each time you see him might be a good one, but you can blend all types of players in – and the captain you select will have the biggest influence on your team. So have a plan from the moment you select your captain and try to stick to it when you have to make all the other choices.
3. Never go for auto-fill. It is time consuming to go through all the options in FIFA 16 Draft Mode, but there’s no other way to actually get the best possible team.
4. Go for Chemistry. This is, hopefully, a no-brainer: instead of simply selecting the best possible players for your squad, pay attention to Chemistry. This gives skill bonuses to your players and you can turn some poorer ones into true legends with the right chemistry. This goes well hand in hand with the planning thing I was talking about earlier, so make sure you pay attention to it!
5. Preview players and effects: you don’t have to remember and know everything by heart when dealing with chemistry and player choices. You can press the square/X button when hovering over a player to see what impact they’ll have over the team. Then, when you select your card, flick your right stick to see the effects of Chemistry (if you get 1-3 green arrows near your player’s stats, that’s an increase!)
6. Look twice at your bench players. I must admit, I sometimes get bored selecting my squad and I auto-fill the bench. Even if you do, even if you don’t – make sure to check them twice and see if there isn’t a better option on the bench than what you have in your starting 11. Sometimes, there is!
7. Don’t be afraid to substitute your players: you don’t have any contracts here, so you should take advantage of fresh players to help you get that massive win.
8. Finally, make sure you pay attention to the manager too: if you can select one of the same nationality of most of your players, then you will get a Chemistry boost and you’ll be a lot happier. I told you that everything goes well with some nice planning, right?
Now all you have to do is head into each game with your best 11 lined up and destroy the opposition. You will start each match with maximum stamina, so you don’t have to worry about that. Make sure you know everything about your players’ weaknesses and preferences (especially your strikers if you don’t know them) and you should have no time ruling the FIFA 16 Draft Mode.
Do you have other tips and tricks for fellow players? Let us know by commenting below!