There are some secret lots aka hidden lots in the recently launched Sims 4 game and they are not as easy to find or unlock if you don’t know exactly what to do. Vgamerz has you covered on this and we’ll help you with guides on how to unlock each of these secret areas in the game.
Today we’re starting this series with The Sims 4 guide on how to unlock the Sylvan Glade lot in Willow Creek. Basically, the golden rule of thumb of each secret lot so far has been to find the entrance and interact with it, then solve the short adventure to unlock it. For the Sylvan Glade in Willow Creek, here is what to do:
Travel to the Crick Cabana in Willow Creek and explore the public area near the house until you find the Sylvan Tree: you can’t miss it, as it’s pretty different than the rest (largest tree with flowers on the sides).
Once you find the tree, click it and select the “View” option, then repeat this until eventually a door will appear near the tree.
You’ll be able to start the Tree Adventure where you have to select the correct “answers”. For each description that you get in this adventure, select the following options: Follow the Sound, Follow Downstream, Enter the Mist, Travel to Glade, OK.
You will now get to Sylvan Glade in the Sims 4 and you can now visit it over and over again – there are a bunch of nice collectibles to find in this nice area, so you should be pretty happy that you got there. Here’s an YouTube video showing exactly what you have to do to get there if our instructions are not easy enough to follow:
Have you unlocked the hidden area Sylvan Glade in The Sims 4? What do you think about it?
The Sims 4 “mosaic bug” is severely affecting the playability of the game for some players. However, the gaming community has already found a way to nullify this protection measure and restore a normal environment to the pirate copies.
It hasn’t been officially confirmed yet if whether or not this “mosaic bug” is actually a real bug or an attempt to block piracy. Still, the general gaming media believes that this is not a simple bug since it’s focusing mostly, if not only, players without an original serial key of the game.
A number of Sims 4 players have reported what they believed to be a bug, but which is apparently a bizarre form of copy protection that makes unauthorized copies of the game very difficult to play. (PCGAMER, 04/09/2014)
According to a popular torrent website, the “mosaic bug” can be easily fixed by changing the name of one of the game files. Additionally, a fully working crack has been developed and published yesterday, which means that EA’s efforts to evade piracy has been, once again, in vain.
But one question remains: how big of an impact will the pirated version have on the sales of this extremely popular game? Will it indeed work as a “demo” for players who want to test before you buy or will it only mean lost sales by Electronic Arts?
The strange looking but oh-so-amazing cow plant makes a return in The Sims 4! And since getting a Cow Plant in the Sims 4 is different from the previous iteration, we are here to teach you just that: how to get a cow plant in The Sims 4. We won’t include a dozen of free Sims to feed them to it, though – you’re on your own here!
I was saying that getting the Cow Plant is a bit different in the new game: it’s no longer available as an unlockable career or aspiration reward. Instead, you have to look for seeds on yourself – and it won’t be easy!
Right now, there is one single confirmed location that gives you a chance to get a Cow Plant seed, but there are probably more too. However, here is the confirmed method: you have to go fishing! Don’t fish anywhere, though! Instead, head over to the Desert Bloom lot in Oasis Springs and find the small pond behind the rock canyon. That’s where you have to start fishing and eventually you will be rewarded with the rare Laganaphyllis Simnovorii seed aka the Cow Plant seed.
The Cow Plant has to be taken good care of in order to get the most out of it: after planting the seed, you have to water it daily until it reaches adult size. As a guideline if it needs watering or not, if the dirt at the base of the plant is light brown, it needs water.
Once the Cow Plant grows to adult size, it can feed with whole Sims who are fooled by it’s cake-like tongue. Pretty creepy, I know, but it does produce rejuvenating milk which you can use to… well… rejuvenate your Sim! Here’s a short video of the Cow Plant in action in The Sims 4:
And this ends our guide. Don’t forget to let us know by commenting below if you were able to find the Cow Plant in a different location than the one mentioned by us!
So, you are finally there: started playing the Sims 4, probably got hooked and you now want to make more money in the game without cheating. I personally believe that this is the best possible approach as this is how a game should be played – and I am here to help you achieve that easier and share with you some answers to the question how to make a lot of money in The Sims 4 without using cheats. Let’s get this started!
Get a job and get promoted
The easiest, classic way of making money: get a job, work hard and get promoted. When you start working, you will receive a pretty low salary per hour, but if you keep working and get better, that will increase. This is extremely useful money, so make sure that you do your job well and pretty soon you’ll start reaping on the benefits.
The fastest way to double your income (or more) is to get married. You will automatically get a new person that brings in the money to your household and, using the first rule, you will be able to make a nice sum that will eventually allow you all the luxuries that you want. If you manage to score one of the rich Sims, it’s even better. But either way, getting married in The Sims 4 is extremely profitable!
Hobbies make you money
Painting, writing or inventing stuff – all these are hobbies that won’t make you much when you start them, but if you keep on doing it and increase your skill levels here, you will soon earn a lot of money from these hobbies. Just try to get one and stick to it (one per Sim, actually), so that you become a real master of the hobby and can sell your creations for a nice profit.
Sing for some Simoleons
It’s not as easy as turning your hobby into a money making machine, but it works. Start practicing on your guitar and when your skill level is high enough, go to a park or a really crowded area and play for tips. Eventually, as your skill continues to go up, you will make some nice extra money.
Do stuff that earns you things
There are a lot of items to collect in the game and also a lot of stuff you can do in The Sims 4 that can potentially earn you extra money. From simply collecting stuff and animals as you play the game from parks and backyards to going fishing or growing vegetables, there are a ton of things that can give you items which can later on be sold for a profit. Even though most of these items won’t earn you much, the rarer they get, the more money they will make you, so keep on doing it and eventually you will score big!
In the end, if you want to make money in The Sims 4 without cheating, you have to follow the real life rules most of the time. In other words, be extremely active and keep on doing the things that you do. Eventually, your income and money stash will be high enough for you to live a luxury life!
Do you have other methods of earning a lot of money in the game without using cheats? Let us know by commenting below!
For most of us, the biggest problem in The Sims 4 is the lack of Simoleons. Well, that goes with real money in real life as well, but today we’ll focus on the game. And fortunately for it, unlike real life, in The Sims 4 you can easily get infinite money and we are here to share with you all the secrets to infinite riches in the game so that you can afford everything and build that dream home you always wanted to have.
Have in mind that this involves cheating – but I guess you already figured that out. So here is the Sims 4 infinite money cheat:
First of all, you must press Ctrl+Shift+C on PC or Cmnd+Shift+C on Mac. This brings up the cheats console and you can type in the following Sims 4 cheat codes to get your money:
KACHING – will give you 1,000 Simoleons instantly. You can use it as often as you wish.
MOTHERLODE – this will give you 50,000 Simoleons instantly. Again, this cheat can be used as often as you want to.
And if this is not enough for you, there is also one cheat that allows you to get any real estate property in the game for free. Just type the following code:
FreeRealEstate on – and if you want to turn this “feature” off, simply type FreeRealEstate off.
And this is it! Now you know how to have infinite money in The Sims 4 and build up the house of your dreams. And keep your Sims happy, of course!
The launch of The Sims 4 is finally upon us and it’s once again the right time to move our real life into the virtual streets of the game and experience greatness as we always did in a Sims game. However, things are a lot more interesting when we can easily access or interfere with everything, and for that reason our list of The Sims 4 cheats and cheat codes will help you get everything that you want as fast as possible.
So here is a complete list of working cheats for The Sims 4:
First of all, you need to enable the cheats panel in the game. In order to do so, simply press CTRL + SHIFT + C (Mac users should press Cmnd + Shift + C). A console will appear on the screen and there you can type any of the cheats below in order to activate them. So here they are:
Help: Lists currently available console commands / cheat codes.
rosebud: Instantly deposits 1,000$
kaching: Instantly deposits 1,000$
motherlode: Instantly deposits 50,000$
fullscreen: Toggles fullscreen mode on or off.
FreeRealEstate on: Makes all neighborhood real estate free.
FPS on: Activates FPS display
headlineeffects on: Toggles headline graphics.
Resetsim [Sim Full Name]: Resets Sim.
death.toggle: Toggles death on/off. When toggled off, Sims cannot die.
testingcheats true: Enables Testing Mode. Check below for more details.
The Testing Cheats are another nice feature that allows players to access various stuff in The Sims 4, but first of all you need to activate the Testing Mode like this: type testingcheats true in order to activate it and testingcheats false to close it.
Once the Testing Mode is activated in The Sims 4, you can edit all the stats of your Sims like age, motivations and goals. Also, you can type the cas.fulleditmode command while in the Testing Mode, which allows you even more changes to your sims (like traits and style or/and outfits).
Also while in Testing More, there are a bunch of extra cheat codes that you can use to interact with specific items or the Sims themselves. In order for them to work, the Sim or object has to be selected.
Reset Object – Resets Sim.
Add to Family – Add the Sim to the current family.
Cheat Motive > Make Happy – Sets all motives to full and sets Mood to Happy.
Teleport Me Here – Teleports selected Sim as close to the clicked spot as possible.
Shift Clicking Sims:
Modify in CAS – Allows editing of everything but name change and inherited traits.
And these are, for now, the Sims 4 cheats and codes that will help you modify the game as you please and eventually unlock everything for a complete Sims experience. If more cheats will be found, we’ll make sure to update this article, so make sure to check back often!
Summer holidays are over and a new school year arrives. However, there are good news for games this year – September will be dense in quality and quantity. September has just started and gamers of all genres should be excited about the upcoming releases, because legendary franchises are returning to the main scene and new ones are arising with the promise of a tremendous success. If you’re a hardcore gamer or simply a gaming enthusiastic, then you probably don’t want to miss the following games.
8. Planetary Annihilation (PC, Linux, MAC)
Planetary Annihilation seeks to invoke the old times of real-time strategy from the 90’s with a macro focused gameplay. The storyline is set in the Galactic War, where hundreds of worlds exist. The game will present a planet-based map, where players can journey into the unknown and quickly expand their dominance over other races. Players won’t just be able to conquer other planets, they’ll also be able to dominate entire systems, as well as use space weapons, such as asteroids. Planetary Annihilation seems to sweat action and strategy from everywhere. Therefore and if you’re a fan of Total Annihilation, then you can’t let this one pass. Click here to check it out.
Release Date: September 5 Genre(s): Real-Time Strategy
Mode: Single-player, Multiplayer Official Website: www.uberent.com/pa
Publisher: Nordic Games Publishing Developer: Uber Entertainment, Inc.
7. Defense Grid 2 (PC, Linux, MAC, PS4, Xbox One)
Defense Grid 2 is a strategy tower defense game with a completely new storyline. This sequel brings a whole new look with a huge graphical improvement, as well as new alien opponents and towers. The multiple new gameplay modes and level types has increased drastically creating an extensive batch of opportunities and challenges. Defending your territory will probably give you a headache, especially if you try the most competitive modes.
Release Date: September 23 Genre(s): Strategy, Tower Defense
Mode: Single-player, Multiplayer, Online Official Website: www.hiddenpath.com/games/defense-grid-2
Publisher: 505 Games Developer: Hidden Path Entertainment
6. Natural Doctrine (PC, PS3, PS4)
Centered on the general concept of natural selection, Natural Doctrine is a tactical role-playing game that focuses on massive battles. The main protagonist is Jeff, a young male warrior and leader of the ally forces. He is closely followed by guard soldier Vasilisa and command medic Anca. The main objective of the game is to control the individual and collective masses in order to defeat the enemy. Strategists and tactical enthusiastic players will most likely be fond of this Japanese title. Check it out here.
Release Date: September 23 Genre(s): Role-Playing, Tactical-Combat
Mode: Single-player, Multiplayer Official Website: www.n-doctrine.com
Publisher: NIS America Developer: Kadokawa Games
5. Wasteland 2 (PC, Linux, MAC)
Wasteland 2 is a role-playing post-apocalyptic game set inan alternate history timeline. After the devastating effects of a nuclear holocaust, a company of U.S. engineers seek shelter in the southwestern desert and together, they form the Desert Rangers, alluding to the great tradition of the Texas and Arizona Rangers. Players’ mission is to survive and help other survivors in the nearby zone. The storyline is merely linear and the gameplay is based on turn-based and party-based tactical combat. This indie game presents a rich adventure with a mix of strategy, role-playing and suspense.
Release Date: September 19 Genre(s): Role-Playing, Tactical-Combat
Mode: Single-player Official Website: wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com
Publisher: inXile Entertainment Developer: inXile Entertainment
4. NHL 15 (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)
The ice hockey NHL series will also return this month with the 24th installment. EA’s main investment in this new brand title revolves around physics and next-gen features. The company’s ambitious with NHL 15 is to present a virtual version of ice hockey competition as close as possible to reality. Therefore, all physics, including clothing and collisions, have been revamped for an authentic and unexpected result. EA has also re-created 30 NHL arenas and introduced over 9.000 new crowd models for a more vivid and representative experience. This is another must-play title for sports enthusiastic players. You can pre-order the game here.
Release Date: September 9 Genre(s): Sports
Mode: Single-player, Multiplayer, Online Official Website: www.easports.com/nhl
Publisher: EA Sports Developer: EA Canada
3. FIFA 15 (3DS, Android, iOS, PC, PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii)
The FIFA franchise is back this month with the so anticipated FIFA 15. The new sports association football simulation from Electronic Arts promises a full next-gen experience with additional graphical quality and progressive usability in game. As typical of this series, the new release will be based on real football leagues all around the globe. For the third year consecutively, Lionel Messi is the main cover protagonist for FIFA 15 and one of the principal stars in game. If you’re a football fanatic, then you just have to wait until the end of the month to create your ultimate team and climb up the virtual charts. You can find the game here.
Release Date: September 23 Genre(s): Sports, Football Simulation
Mode: Single-player, Multiplayer Official Website: www.easports.com/fifa
Publisher: EA Sports Developer: EA Canada
2. The Sims 4 (MAC, PC)
Five years after the release of The Sims 3, it’s time to greet its successor. EA Maxis is releasing the fourth game of the series with the promise that nothing will be the same as before. Among the new features is the personality and emotion systems, both have been reworked on towards a more realistic and dynamic effect. The neighborhoods have been drastically improved as well, now other sims will be smarter and more active. Finally, the most interesting technical feature is the all-new Create A Sim and Build Mode, which are now more intuitive, flexible and powerful. With so many apparent innovations, we can only hope that The Sims 4 will be a blast, just as its series’ ancestors.
Release Date: September 2 Genre(s): Life Simulation
Mode: Single-player Official Website: www.thesims.com/the-sims-4
Publisher: Electronic Arts Developer: EA Maxis – The Sims Studio
1. Destiny (PS 3, PS 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One)
Destiny is the new creation of Bungie and it has achieved a decent level of notoriety among players in the past few years. Deprived of a concrete genre, Destiny promises to deliver a hybrid and innovative system by incorporating multiple gaming styles, including first-person shooter, role-playing and multiplayer. Besides that endowed feature, the game will also present an interactive and dynamic environmental structure able to proportionate unique and unexpected events. Just as Bungie’s previous series (Halo), Destiny will feature a post-apocalyptic lore, where Earth is at great risk and it’s up to players and their heroes to defeat the invasive alien forces and restore the peace that has been long gone. The question is, will Destiny be able to conquer the gaming hearts of console players or will it be just be another RPG with FPS combat? Get the game here.
Release Date: September 9 Genre(s): FPS, RPG
Mode: Multiplayer/Online Official Website: www.destinythegame.com
Publisher: Activision Developer: Bungie
With so many gaming pearls coming ahead, it might be difficult to decide which one to play first. And you, what’s your gaming choice of September 2014?
With the launch of The Sims 4 getting closer and closer, we’re ready to share with you all the amazing things that we’ll be able to do or experience, things that are new compared to The Sims 3. There is an apparently endless thread over at the official Sims forums dedicated to just new features and mechanics, and we’re listing them all in one place for the amazement of The Sims fans all over the world.
So without further ado, let’s check out the list of Sims 4 features that we didn’t have in The Sims 3!
Create a Sim:
– Ability to change the size and shape of just about any Sim body part/area
– The bro trait
– Hats can be used with any hair style
– Boots go over and under pants leg
– Walk styles
– Aspirations now have specific traits attached to them.
– Children can now have Aspirations specific to them.
– Sims can have five outfits now instead of three per category
– Improved randomization function (randomize just skin tone, hair color, body type, etc etc)
– Search function/filters to search for certain colors/materials
– With the genetics system players can now create children based on only one person.
– With the genetics system players can now create siblings and parents
– You can now make YA siblings with teens and children in CAS
– Sims can wear leggings under skirts and shorts now.
– Hoodies that actually cover the Sims head
Pregnancy and Babies:
– Any outfit can be worn as maternity wear.
– Pregnancy tests
– Unexpected pregnancy lengths
– Maternity leave is not mandatory
– Pregnancy comes in different shapes and sizes depending on your Sim’s body type
– Bassinets no longer required to give birth at home.
– When your sim is in labor they are still playable. They can watch tv, interact with other sims, ect
– Siblings can feel “Sad” from new siblings being born
– With the genetics system, children can now inherit a blended skin tone from their parents.
– Your Sim now has different needs and emotions when they are pregnant.
– Video gaming skill
– Programming skill
– Rocket science skill
– Comedian job
– Enhanced emotions
– Romance bar
– Enhanced group social interactions
– Ability to write books that affect emotions
– Ability to resurrect a sim with a book you have written
– Gourmet cooking skill
– Can order more than one type of pizza
– Woodworking skill
– Assigning roles to Sims during parties
– You can make useable and decorative objects out of wood (musical instruments, furniture, plumbing, statues)
– Ability to have all aspirations
– Ability to keep progress in one aspiration when you change to another
– Improved aspirations (more detailed than just family or knowledge)
– Photo bombs
– 3 new ways to die; dying of hysterical laughter, dying of being enraged, dying of being mortified
– Paintings and objects affect Sim’s emotions
– You can bake birthday cakes
– Different types of Showers that affect emotions
– Sim can get writers block
– Sims can now read skill books beyond their level but become confused doing so
– Sim can now choose to keep a book they write without publishing it
– Sims skilled in writing can write love email
– Sims can write screnplays, jokes, violin music, guitar music, piano music to sell for money
– Sims can now self publish their books
– New career: Tech Guru
– Ask about Woo Hoo/Birds and Bees talk
– Enhanced WooHoo!!!! (decreased hygiene from engaging in it, “unsatisfying” woohoo, etc)
– Sims can now purchase/earn more traits
– All clothing will be available for any category
– Can do push-ups and sit-ups on the ground
– Sims talk while sleeping
– Teens can babysit
– SMOKE DETECTOR CAN BE MOVED UP AND DOWN THE WALL!
– Ability to move entire rooms and house
– Wall heights
– Cheat that allows you to change sizes of objects.
– Ability to move windows up and down a wall
– Curved roofs/more dynamic roof options
– Different color roofs on same lot
– The ability to place columns in fences\walls without a cheat
– Topiary bushes
– TVs can be placed on flat surfaces
– Windows can be added to an entire room at once
– Curved fences
– Roof trim
– Add corbels to your porches
– Add a string course to the top of your exterior walls
– Curved foundations
– Awnings for Roof
– Enhanced foundation options (more looks, different heights, and more!)
– Fences can connect to your house (with a foundation)
– Gardening boxes
– Ability to edit every lot you visit
– Cupcake making machine
– Chemistry lab for children
– Giant microscope
– Craft table for children
– Pirate Ship for Kids
– Ability to disable auto placement of counters so that you can pick the part
Quality of life features:
– Ability to play multiple households without losing relationships
– Improved pathing. (Sims no longer get stuck when trying to move through narrow spaces.)
– You can delete objects that your sim is currently using
– If you click on the book shelf, there will be categories to choose from, like: Romantic, Emotional, Skill, Children, Humor
– In game gallery
– Search function in Build/buy mode
– Enter build/buy mode from live mode on community lots.
– Ability to share individual rooms, not just homes and Sims
– From “manage worlds” you can go in and build on any lot, regardless of whether or not there is a sim family there in residence
– Mousing over Whims will tell you exactly what caused them to appear
– Auto save feature, WOOT!
– Genetic gardening
– Enhanced bills (more realistic and bigger penalties for not paying them like having water shut off)
– Being able to travel between towns
– Chimneys separate from fireplaces
– Mirrors have a true reflection
– Days have been confirmed to last longer so that you can get more things done in a game day
– Fires can pass through walls
– Capturing memories from screenshots; Sims reminisce and remember how they felt and can recognize Sims in them
– Curtains now move
– Water dripping animation on recently watered plants
– Gardener for public spaces
– Unlockable lots / areas
– The Townie Generator
– FreeRealEstate cheat
– Sims can write an excuse note action to get out of work (and school?)
– 12 new rewards
– Lights affect non-active floors
– Beds specifically made for children and teens that carry “Uncomfortable for adults” modifier
– Game will be more mod and CC friendly
– Up to 20 Sims per lot
– Cowplants have life cycles
– Cross-breeding of frogs
– Grim has a more in depth character now.
– Sims can use the rocketship to explore space and bring back stuff from outer space that they can’t get on Simsearth
– Cross-breeding of frogs
– Grim has a more in depth character now.
– Hidden Fantasy Neighbourhoods.
– Dynamic soundtrack.
– Sims can catch frogs at ponds.
– Unlockable areas with high skill levels.
– Sims can dig mounds to find fossils.
– Sprinklers inside houses put out fires.
– Collect MySims Statues from rocks
– New party gameplay with hosts, locations, mixologist (some parties) and rewards for parties. They will also now give you a status of your party and what to do to get that status.
– Can use gardening skill to grow flowers.
As you can see, there is indeed a ton of brand new, amazing and extremely exciting things that The Sims 4 will have extra compared to the previous installment. Also, all the features of The Sims 3 that weren’t available at launch, but were made available at a later date, will be present in the game. We also have a lot of throwback items coming from past versions of the Sims franchise, like:
– Open Venues
– Sims can fish at ponds
– Sims can adopt
– Variety of Sim voices
– Sims can rummage through trash cans
– Friendly, rude and friendly introductions
– Sims can heckle
Reasons to be excited? Of course, a ton! Thanks to the folks over at the official Sims forums for creating this great list showing us just how amazing and full of new features the upcoming Sims 4 will be!